Government of the Russian Federation dated March 6, 2013 N 186
"On approval of the Rules for the provision of medical assistance to foreign citizens in the territory of the Russian Federation"
In accordance with Article 19 of the Federal Law "On the Basics of Protecting the Health of Citizens in the Russian Federation", the Government of the Russian Federation decides:
1. To approve the attached Rules for the provision of medical assistance to foreign citizens in the territory of the Russian Federation.
2. To declare the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of September 1, 2005 N 546 "On the Approval of the Rules for the Provision of Medical Assistance to Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation" null and void (Collection of Legislation of the Russian Federation, 2005, N 36, Article 3708).
March 6, 2013 N 186
Rules for the provision of medical assistance to foreign citizens in the territory of the Russian Federation
(approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of March 6, 2013 N 186)
1. These Rules determine the procedure for providing medical assistance to foreign citizens in the territory of the Russian Federation.
2. Medical assistance to foreign citizens temporarily residing (temporarily) or permanently residing in the Russian Federation is provided by medical and other organizations carrying out medical activities regardless of their legal form, as well as by individual entrepreneurs engaged in medical activities (hereinafter referred to as medical organizations) .
3. Emergency medical care for sudden acute diseases, conditions, exacerbation of chronic diseases that pose a threat to the patient’s life, is provided to foreign citizens by medical organizations free of charge.
4. Foreign citizens who are insured in accordance with the Federal Law "On Compulsory Medical Insurance in the Russian Federation" are entitled to free medical care under compulsory medical insurance.
5. Ambulance, including emergency, specialized medical assistance is provided to foreign citizens in case of diseases, accidents, injuries, poisonings and other conditions requiring urgent medical intervention.
The medical organizations of the state and municipal health systems provide the specified medical assistance to foreign citizens free of charge.
6. Emergency medical care (with the exception of emergency, including specialized emergency medical care) and a planned form is provided to foreign citizens in accordance with agreements on the provision of paid medical services or voluntary medical insurance agreements and (or) concluded in favor of foreign citizens referred to in paragraph 4 of these Rules, contracts in the field of compulsory medical insurance.
7. Medical care in a planned form is provided subject to the written submission by a foreign citizen of a guarantee of fulfillment of an obligation to pay the actual cost of medical services or to prepay medical services based on the estimated volume of the provision of these services (with the exception of cases of medical care in accordance with paragraph 4 of these Rules), as well as the necessary medical documentation (extract from the medical history, data from clinical, radiological, laboratory and other studies) When it is available.
8. After completing the treatment of a foreign citizen, an extract from medical documentation is sent to his address or to the address of a legal or natural person representing the interests of a foreign citizen, in agreement with the specified citizen, indicating the period of provision of medical care in a medical organization, as well as measures taken for prevention, diagnosis , treatment and medical rehabilitation.
Medical documentation sent from the Russian Federation to another state is filled in in Russian.
9. Invoices for actually rendered medical care within 10 days after the end of treatment are sent by a medical organization to a foreign citizen or legal or natural person representing the interests of a foreign citizen, unless otherwise provided by the contract in accordance with which it was rendered (for except in the case of medical care in accordance with paragraph 4 of this Regulation).
10. Disputes related to the provision of medical care or untimely payment of invoices for actually provided medical care are resolved in the manner prescribed by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
11. If an international treaty of the Russian Federation establishes a different procedure for the provision of medical assistance to foreign citizens, the rules of the international treaty apply.